Could 50+ be the most fulfilling time of your life?
More than seventy-eight million baby boomers are pioneering a new life stage, often called the “third age”characterized by living and working longer in a new paradigm of retirement. According to USA Today, “The Couple’s Retirement Puzzle: 10 Must-Have Conversation for Transitioning to the Second Half of Life is spot on about what retirement means today. It doesn’t necessarily mean not working.”
Whether you continue to work in your field, develop an encore career or volunteer, the question is:
“What do you want to retire to?”
The Couple’s Retirement Puzzle will guide you through the conversations to help you plan the next stage of life together.
The book will help you:
- Create a timetable for retirement.
- Plan for future medical and health care needs.
- Determine what gives purpose and meaning to your life.
- Understand how your roles may change as you go through transition.
- Recognize the value of intimacy and affection in your planning.
- Make financial decisions together.
- Discover the importance of time together and apart.
- Talk about your lifestyle and living environments.
- Decide on family obligations and responsibilities.
- Appreciate the value of social and community connections.
- Develop a shared vision for “what’s next”.
How often do you talk about the next stage of life? Have you covered the essential topics so you are on the right page and prepared to make the right decisions and lay the foundation to fulfill your vision?
Find out how well you are communicating about retirement planning by taking this brief Quiz.
We also invite you to sign-up now for your complimentary e-book:
You’ll also find interesting and unique retirement transition and baby boomer “how to” articles on the bottom of this site.
Wishing you great communication and a fulfilling next stage!
Roberta and Dori
Our next 8 week couples’ group (in person or by phone) will begin in the fall of 2013, specific dates to be decided. Learn more about the group on our “couples groups” page.
Contact us for more Information: firstname.lastname@example.org